Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ    
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bass Boats, Kayaks, Canoes & Fishing Equipment
 Fishing Tackle
 Who's using what this season
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Johnny_k
Ausbass Member

Australia
111 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2017 :  23:52:49  Show Profile  Click to see Johnny_k's MSN Messenger address Send Johnny_k a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey guys

What new setups are people using this year?

If invested in a couple of new rods and reels over winter, mainly on the cheaper side as I have a little family now so I have to take it easy on the spending haha

New baitcasting setup
Storm mojo 6" 8-17lb with a okuma ceymar reel spooled with 20lb powered

New spin setup
Jarvis walker 6"6 4-8lb (cheapie $38) with a okuma ceymar 1000 spooled with 6lb berkley flurocarbon

I also picked up one of the pflueger fly combos on eBay new for 59 bucks so if it's no good it's only a couple more bucks then a 50 pack of smokes haha

stevej
Ausbass Member

35 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2017 :  23:45:53  Show Profile Send stevej a Private Message  Reply with Quote
good ole regal z from 1998 spooled with 4pd mono will get used a heap
Go to Top of Page

clutch
Ausbass Member

89 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2017 :  00:26:33  Show Profile Send clutch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bought a Shimano Nasci 2500 over winter at a good price.

I will use 6 lb braid Daiwa J4. 12 lb FC leader. Finding it too hard to tie thinner line, and I like yellow rather than posh orange or chartruse. Have perfected my FG knots over winter tying again and again in front of TV.

First Shimano reel, had about 8 Daiwas over the years. Cheaper than some previous reels, but they get a workout in the kayak, especially when in the salt, or wading flats. So new philosophy, a bit cheaper, easier to replace rather than send for expensive maintenance if can't fix myself.

Probably use with my Pfleuger Trion 2-4 kg, or my Nitro 1-3 kg Ultra Lite Spin.

Go to Top of Page

Ric2504
Ausbass Member

49 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2017 :  16:15:02  Show Profile Send Ric2504 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shimano Sonic Lure 6'6" 3-5kg with Daiwa Laguna 2500 6BB reel loaded with 8lb braid and 10lb fluoro leader - all up under $200 (on special). Great for the yak on the Hunter rivers.
Ric
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBass Forums © 2000-2014 AusBass.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000