Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ    
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bass Boats, Kayaks, Canoes & Fishing Equipment
 Fishing Tackle
 Who's using what this season
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Johnny_k
Ausbass Member

Australia
111 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2017 :  23:52:49  Show Profile  Click to see Johnny_k's MSN Messenger address Send Johnny_k a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey guys

What new setups are people using this year?

If invested in a couple of new rods and reels over winter, mainly on the cheaper side as I have a little family now so I have to take it easy on the spending haha

New baitcasting setup
Storm mojo 6" 8-17lb with a okuma ceymar reel spooled with 20lb powered

New spin setup
Jarvis walker 6"6 4-8lb (cheapie $38) with a okuma ceymar 1000 spooled with 6lb berkley flurocarbon

I also picked up one of the pflueger fly combos on eBay new for 59 bucks so if it's no good it's only a couple more bucks then a 50 pack of smokes haha

stevej
Ausbass Member

35 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2017 :  23:45:53  Show Profile Send stevej a Private Message  Reply with Quote
good ole regal z from 1998 spooled with 4pd mono will get used a heap
Go to Top of Page

clutch
Ausbass Member

98 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2017 :  00:26:33  Show Profile Send clutch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bought a Shimano Nasci 2500 over winter at a good price.

I will use 6 lb braid Daiwa J4. 12 lb FC leader. Finding it too hard to tie thinner line, and I like yellow rather than posh orange or chartruse. Have perfected my FG knots over winter tying again and again in front of TV.

First Shimano reel, had about 8 Daiwas over the years. Cheaper than some previous reels, but they get a workout in the kayak, especially when in the salt, or wading flats. So new philosophy, a bit cheaper, easier to replace rather than send for expensive maintenance if can't fix myself.

Probably use with my Pfleuger Trion 2-4 kg, or my Nitro 1-3 kg Ultra Lite Spin.

Go to Top of Page

Ric2504
Ausbass Member

49 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2017 :  16:15:02  Show Profile Send Ric2504 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shimano Sonic Lure 6'6" 3-5kg with Daiwa Laguna 2500 6BB reel loaded with 8lb braid and 10lb fluoro leader - all up under $200 (on special). Great for the yak on the Hunter rivers.
Ric
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBass Forums © 2000-2014 AusBass.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000