Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ    
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 Wanted to Buy, Sell or Trade
 Wanted Australis Bass or similar
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

katostrom
Ausbass Member

Australia
5 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2018 :  20:07:22  Show Profile Send katostrom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi
Looking for an Australis Bass or similar sit in for skinny water fishing, condition not important, Newcastle/Central Coast/Mid North Coast area preferred
Thanks
Terry

lastworm
Ausbass Member

116 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2018 :  12:32:58  Show Profile  Click to see lastworm's MSN Messenger address Send lastworm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have you looked at the cheap sit-on kayaks on eBay? Can usually pick one up with rod holders, comfy seat and paddle for just on $300. From memory there are a few retailers up on the Central Coat too - usually just operate out of a small factory unit.

It's what I'm using and I love it.
Go to Top of Page

katostrom
Ausbass Member

5 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2018 :  18:10:03  Show Profile Send katostrom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi lastworm.
Many thanks your reply and comments. I do have a $300 eBay cheapy Sit-on that have been using last couple of years for bass fishing up this way, both skinny waters and the bigger rivers. Like you love it, great fishing platform, plenty good fittings and indistructable, I think they are great value for most fishing and all you need.
Only reason looking at a sit in as have done a bit of sea kayaking and some whitewater many years ago and just like the feel and design of sit ins with thigh bracing when in other than flat water. Find the sot with its wide flat hull makes hard work of running rapid races and tends to swamp the back deck recess and dig in when dropping over small falls. Also leaves the fishing gear a bit exposed. I enjoy messing around in small Rapids on fishing trips so thought a sit in could give me best of both worlds on some trips, will certainly be keeping my sot for most of my fishing. Even consider modify my sot by filling back deck with a sealed drum which can also be used for dry storage and bit of expanding foam and add a thigh strap like on surf skis just to give that extra control. Anyway sorry for long winded reply and thanks for your advice.
Go to Top of Page

lastworm
Ausbass Member

116 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2018 :  11:29:20  Show Profile  Click to see lastworm's MSN Messenger address Send lastworm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahh right, fair enough. I had my heart set on the Australis Bass before I bought my SOT, as I liked the idea of sitting inside the Kayak and not losing stuff over the sides (which I have done and have consequently had to buy leashes for pliers etc.)

Keep your eye out in the usual places, eBay, Gumtree etc. Hopefully you can find one before 1st Sep - only 30 days to go!
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBass Forums © 2000-2014 AusBass.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000